Thursday, November 17, 2011

LET IT RAIN and LET IT SHINE

Cover sketch- Let It Rain
Good News. Scholastic has decided to continue my "LET IT" Season's series. Last year LET IT FALL and LET IT SNOW were published with an impressive response. A big Thank You to all the kids and parents who purchased my books from bookstores or from the Scholastic bookclub- Because of you these books have become my bestsellers selling over 1 million copies.
Scholastic also listened to those of you who wrote to them and those who joined the WE WANT SPRING (and summer too) fan page. (A special thanks to parent Evie Louise Cronin who started that facebook page.) Scholastic did respond and I am now writing and illustrating LET IT RAIN (spring) and LET IT SHINE (summer). I am only now in the sketch stages and will have a busy year ahead. Both books will be released in the Spring of 2013...I know- it seems forever. (But I do need to create the paintings!) Back to my desk!
During this time of Thanksgiving- I thank all of you who read and share my books.
Enjoy!
Maryann

4 comments:

AnnMarie Adams said...

we were very excited to see Let it Fall last month at the bookstore! Well, mom was very excited and once our 2 year old realized it with Let It Snow (which we read daily between November and March) she was thrilled!
She asked me about Let it Rain when we finished reading Let It Fall the first time...so, I decided I really needed to see if you had one - and you do! FANTASTIC! As a former teacher (and a children's literature NUT) our daughter has a very large library of books to read from. I like to switch out her books with the seasons/holidays so she can be exposed to as many styles of writing, illustrations and concepts as possible. I look forward to discovering more of your books!
AnnMarie

burlingtonbabe said...

I am thrilled to hear you are working on the next books. My children and I read Let it Snow and Let it Fall all the time! At the end of each book, we can't wait to pick up the next book. Thank you for your talent and creativity and for sharing it with all of us. You capture the view of children so well with your illustrations and simple yet descriptive wording.
Let them be published!

Anonymous said...

My 5 year old and I just read Let it Rain and Let it Snow again after a few months. We are both anxiously awaiting the sequels and I was thrilled to find this post!! These are two of our very favorite picture books. They capture the true joy of each season!!

Lauri Meyers said...

Just figured out why Time to say Bye Bye looked so familiar. We have Let it Snow. Both are great.